Thursday, February 26, 2015

On the Rivet

...a look at who's racing hard this weekend 

Bring on the Cobbles!!!

For many people the Omloop marks the beginning of the season.  In conjunction with the slightly less prestigious Kuurne-Brussels-Kuurne, we have a pretty fun weekend of racing.  Tough weather, tough cyclists and tough courses.  And of course, how could we forget...COBBLES!

Omloop

The Omloop has been one of my favorite races since my boy Juan Antonio Fletcha won it back in 2010.  It got me into the classics and gave us this sweet poster:

Van der Fletcha
Intense

Admittedly, this race is usually not contested by the big guns, but that doesn't mean a few don't use it to flex their muscle a little bit.

Image result for omloop het nieuwsblad boonen
Bitch, it's curtains

Who's looking good this year?
Well, look forward to my preview, but please, feel free to add your own thoughts in the mean time.

KBK
Yeah, sometimes it gets cancelled due
 to snow, not something I would advertise
I mean there are cobbles, but really this is a classic for the sprinters.  Not that that is all bad.  We did get this sweet poster out of the deal:



Apparently the course is guarded by some sort of Flandrian Ogre.  I mean, that's something to watch for.  

Who are the favorites? 
Check back to find out.

1 comment:

  1. As I go over the favorites for these races I have started to realize what Greg has known all along; he has a tough cobbles squad. Will it result in wins or just placings?

    ReplyDelete