Tuesday, June 18, 2013

The Broom Wagon

Froome and Porte
Costa and Mollema

Guillaume and Forza scored big time as their riders went 1,2 in the Dauphine and Tour de Suisse respectively.  The leader board saw another shake up with Forza finally clawing his way into podium contention.  Volpe's strong man team has begun to suffer during the GC days of the summer time.  He had better hope his sprinters keep scoring if he hopes to hang until the next transfer period.  Taco continues to score but not enough.  It's time for his Spaniards to come alive.  Fujarky had some surprising results and looks for Pinot to start peaking.  Dynamic trudges along scoring points here and there, however with Guillaume's Sky juggernaut breathing down his neck that might not be enough.  The Dauphine and Tour de Suisse were both pretty exciting races, but the results were not necessarily surprising.  Froome and Porte continue to dominate, however it was Costa's time trial victory that was the most impressive.

Well that's it.  Not much more to watch this season.  See you next year. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm coming! Look out for my young guns, Nitro Quintana and Shhh Kwiatowski at le grand boucle. Costa and Mollema could also score me some sneaky points. I hope JC Peraud can be consistent enough to grant me a top ten. Team Forza just might gain World Tour status by the end of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super pumped for the tour. I saw a write up that said 10 day count down to the tour and I'm not gonna lie, I got a halfy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll save any further Dauphine/Suisse comments for after the Forza chapeau. Except to point out that my Dani Moreno pick was already worth it.
    Also, we need to tweak our TdF stage contest cause Pat wants in.

    ReplyDelete