Friday, March 23, 2012

Panache!

Ralliez-vous à mon panache blanc!
It’s Friday and the racing is sublime. I have been watching the coverage of the Volta a Cataluyna on Universal Sports this week. What a beautiful stage race. I would like to live in this region.  But for now, the Wiskota region is just fine with me. The Volta has been a little disappointing with the etape reine or “queen stage” being cut short by a massive snow storm.  Albassini has been tough. Without the summit finish he looks like he will hold his lead in this race. Here’s to hoping a Wiskota rider can sneak in, most have abandoned, maybe a Little Levi or Uran?
Anybody see the Dwars Door Vlanderenenenenenen. I happened to catch bits and pieces and it looked like a sweet one. Chapeau! to Chavanel and Nikki Terpstra for being the strongest men in the race. Quickstep has been awesome this year. I hope they can keep the results coming. I really like this team.
So without further ado, here are my picks for the weekend’s fun in the sun.
E3 Prijs
Podium: Cancellara, Boonen, Sagan- I almost just said Patrick’s guys for this race.
Guys I like slightly less: Eddy Boss, Gilbert, Breschel, Ballan, Pozzatto, Sep Vanmarcke
Criterium International
Podium: Evans, F. Schleck, Kloden
Guys I like slightly less: Jens Voight, Froome,
Gent Wevelgem
Podium: Sagan, Boonen, Degenkolb
Guys I like slightly less: Sep, Freire, Pozzatto, Farrar, Eddy Boss, Greipel
Enjoy the racing!
Anyone want to ride this weekend?


No comments:

Post a Comment